The Association for Federal Enterprise Risk Management (AFERM) announced its newly elected Board of Directors for 2022-2023. The announcement was made during the 2022 AFERM Summit on October 27, 2022. This year’s Summit assembled over 450 federal ERM professionals from across the public and private sector.
The 2022-2023 AFERM Board of Directors includes:
- President: Marianne Roth, Chief Risk Officer, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- President-Elect: Jason Bruno, Director, Bureau of Trust Funds Administration, US Department of the Interior
- Past-President: Daniella Datskovska, AWS
- Secretary: Nancy Eyl, Attorney Advisor, Economic Development Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Treasurer: Doug Webster
- Treasurer-Elect: Elena Yearly, CEO and Founder of EMY Consulting, LLC (EMY)
- VP of Outreach and Advancement: Montrice Yakimov, Chief of Risk, Policy, Audit and Compliance, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- VP of Finance: Valerie Lubrano Quinones, Senior Enterprise Risk Analyst, Putnam Investments
- VP of Operations: Neil Starzynski, Enterprise Risk Management Lead, U.S. Department of Labor
AFERM is the only organization that exclusively promotes and supports ERM in the federal sector. “It is my great honor to begin my term as President of AFERM. I am very fortunate to have such a talented group of ERM professionals on the Board, as well as leading AFERM’s Committees,” said new AFERM President, Marianne Roth. “The changes around us—whether social, political, technological, economic, or otherwise—have required all of us to navigate through new and complex landscapes, all of which have had profound impacts on the organizations for which we work, our communities, and our profession. I am proud of the work AFERM has done to support its members during these challenging times. I am very excited to continue our mission of providing opportunities for meaningful engagement of our members and sponsors, introducing innovative education and thought leadership, and providing professional development and outreach opportunities. I want to take a moment to thank our members for their continued participation and enthusiasm in AFERM, as well as our sponsors for their incredible support which allows us to continue to offer the best ERM training and thought leadership in the federal sector. “
The AFERM Board of Directors will continue the professional organization’s mission to advance the practice of ERM in the U.S. federal government through relevant thought leadership, strategic partnerships with like-minded organizations, and collaboration.
AFERM serves its members by providing a forum for discussion of issues relevant to the U.S. Federal risk management profession, sponsoring related educational programs, encouraging professional development, influencing governmental risk management policies and practices, and advocating for the profession. Learn more at www.aferm.org. Follow the “Association for Federal Enterprise Risk Management” on LinkedIn and Twitter (@US_AFERM). Contact: email@example.com.