The Audit Committee is charged with oversight of all material aspects of AFERM’s financial reporting, internal control, risk management and audit functions. The Committee consists of three members that have sufficient financial expertise to understand and evaluate AFERM’s financial transactions and internal control procedures.
- Kate Sylvis, Chair, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Communications Committee publishes the quarterly AFERM newsletter, coordinates the promotion of AFERM at the annual ERM Summit and at partner conferences, and helps to facilitate the dissemination of useful and timely communications via the website, social media accounts, email, and other channels.
- Laura Gray, Chair, Communications@aferm.org
Social Media Coordinators
Manages AFERM’s social media presence on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Stacey Floam, Social Media Coordinator, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chad Smith, Social Media Coordinator, email@example.com
Corporate and Associate Advisory Group (CAAG) Committee
The Corporate and Associate Advisory Committee is composed of representatives of all AFERM Sponsors and Corporate Partners.
- John Zimmerman, CAAG Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Basso, CAAG Chair, email@example.com
Infrastructure and Operations Committee
The Infrastructure and Operations Committee is responsible for documenting AFERM’s internal governance and processes/procedures, the roles and responsibilities of AFERM’s board and standing committees, and how AFERM interfaces with its external stakeholders.
- Jason Thompson, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Manages content on AFERM website. Maintains the AFERM email lists and manages messages sent to those lists.
- Elizabeth Burden, Webmaster, email@example.com
Knowledge Capital Committee
The Knowledge Capital Committee oversees the planning, development and delivery of intellectual capital assets of AFERM for its members.
- Nicole Puri, Co-Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Bob Young, Co-Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Membership Committee is responsible for expanding AFERM membership by attracting new members and retain current members on an ongoing basis. Liaison with the CAAG Committee to ensure corporate sponsors are maximizing their free membership benefits.
- Rich Gallagher, Co-Chair, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joel Crook, Co-Chair, email@example.com
The Planning Committee, in consultation and coordination with the Board, facilitates the development of AFERM’s strategic plan, helps drive implementation of agreed-upon strategic initiatives, and monitors and reports on progress of those initiatives for the Board.
- Tom Brandt, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Marc Pratta, Co-Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Programs Committee is responsible for organizing luncheons, workshops and networking events in which thought leaders or practitioners share ERM insights and experiences and engage in dialogue on various ERM topics and issues.
- Anita Warner, Co-Chair, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alyssa Fusisi, Co-Chair, email@example.com
RIMS Liaison/RIMS-CRMP-FED Coordinator
The RIMS Liaison/RIMS-CRMP-FED Coordinator fosters AFERM’s relationship with RIMS, promotes partnering opportunities, and is the primary point person with RIMS on the RIMS-CRMP-Fed micro-credential.
- Cynthia Vitters, RIMS Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sponsorship Committee identifies organizations seeking to enhance their brand and increase their exposure within the ERM community by partnering with AFERM.
- John Zimmerman, Chair, email@example.com
State & Local Outreach Committee
The State and Local Outreach Committee is designed to promote ERM education and professional development by bridging federal, state, and local ERM government entities. This involves creating an inclusive environment where opportunity exists to exchange ideas, share effective practices, and discuss common experiences for the betterment of all ERM government practitioners.
- Melissa (Mel) Thompson, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
The volunteer committee is responsible for identifying, placing and recognizing volunteers through a collaborative process at AFERM, which is an all-volunteer run organization.
- Irena Marchand, Chair, Volunteers@aferm.org
2023 Summit Committee
The Summit Committee is responsible for all planning leading up to the annual AFERM Enterprise Risk Management Summit.
- TBD, Chair, Summit@aferm.org
- TBD, Co-Chair