- September 10, 2020
8:45 am - 4:45 pm
The AFERM Summit Planning Committee, along with the AFERM Board have decided to hold this year’s 13th Annual ERM Summit Training as a virtual event. This year’s Committee Chair, Meredith Stein, National Institutes of Health, and Co-Chair, Marianne Roth, CFPB, along with the Committee are actively planning another stellar set of presentations for this new platform.
Bring ERM into Focus!
The case for risk management has never been clearer with the impacts of COVID-19 on all aspects of business and life. We’ve all become familiar with new terms like Skype, Zoom, face masks, and social distancing that impact how we do business. How we adapt now will transform the use of enterprise risk management moving into the future. This year’s theme is “Creating a Clear 20/20 ERM Vision to Take on Tomorrow’s Risks.”
AFERM will bring together experts from across the profession within federal, state, or local governments and at not-for-profit organizations to share their vision of the future of enterprise risk management! During this year’s Virtual Summit Training, AFERM will encourage dialogue on topics such as:
- How COVID-19 has changed the way we manage risks
- Making the case for the value of risk management
- How agency officials have incorporated ERM into their COVID-19 response
- How we expect ERM and business practices to change in adapting to our new normal
- Using ERM to develop a clear and compelling vision to shape a better tomorrow
The 2020 AFERM Virtual Summit Training will feature the latest ideas, technologies, and practices to foster a dialogue around their adoption and up to 5 CPEs or 5 PDUs. Virtual plenary speakers, breakout sessions, and digital demonstrations will share cutting-edge ERM practice developments.
2020 Summit Registration Information
For the 2020 Summit, AFERM has again partnered with AGA to handle registrations. Please be sure to follow the instructions provided below which will guide you through registering for the Summit using AGA’s website.
- Click on the appropriate button below to register and sign into your AGA account, if you have one. If you don’t have an existing AGA Account, you will need to create one here. (Please note your AGA account is different from your AFERM account.)
IMPORTANT: You will need to login to your AFERM account to see the button for member registration below. If you click on the non-member registration button, you will be charged the non-member rate.
- Follow the process on the AGA website to complete your registration.
- Your AGA shopping cart total should reflect the registration fee based on your AFERM membership status. Click on “Check Out” and submit your payment information, then click on “OK” to complete the registration process. You will receive two notifications in the email address provided during the registration process. One email is the receipt of payment and the second one is the confirmation of your registration.
If you have any issues with registration on the AGA website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are submitting a purchase order (PO) or check to register for the Summit, please contact email@example.com.
Volunteer to Shape the 2020 Summit
Our biggest event each year is our Annual ERM Summit, and volunteers working as part of the Summit Planning Committee are vital to its success! We are searching for great volunteers to donate a couple of hours of their time per week to help plan the 2020 AFERM Summit Training!
If you have questions about the Summit, please contact the 2020 Summit team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Association of Government Accountants (AGA) is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) through the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. This training is accredited to earn 5 PDUs through PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirement (CCR). AGA’s R.E.P. ID: 4855.
Venue: Virtual Event