Click on a question to see the answer.
Is there an option for in-person attendance?
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the AFERM Board decided to conduct the 2020 Summit ERM Training as an online-only event.
Why am I being redirected to the Association of Government Accountants (AGA) website to complete my registration for the 2020 AFERM Summit?
As in 2019, AFERM signed an agreement with AGA to cross-service registration support for this year’s AFERM Summit. This arrangement offers longer-term benefits for AFERM. If you experience any issues during the registration process, contact either email@example.com
(AGA’s dedicated support e-mail account) or firstname.lastname@example.org
(AFERM’s dedicated support e-mail account).
What is my AGA login name? What is my password?
Your login is your AGA ID; whether you are an AGA member or not, you received an ID by attending any of AGA’s past trainings.
Forgot your username or password? Click on the username or password to reset.
If you have not attended an AGA training event before, click here to create an AGA account.
I am the purchase card holder, how do I register the participant for the Summit?
If you are the purchase card holder, you can register the participant for the AFERM Summit. Please follow the instructions below to register someone else.
- Start here on AFERM’s website and click on the appropriate Member or Non-Member Registration button under the “Registration Instructions” section to be redirected to AGA’s registration site.
- Sign into your “My AGA Sign In.” If you don’t have an existing account with AGA, you will need to create one, click here to create an AGA account for yourself. Shortly after creating an account, you will receive an AGA username and password. Use these credentials to login to “My AGA Sign In.”
- Once signed in, click on “Register Someone Else” on the bottom of the page to search for the participant using their first and last name. If you experience any issues during the registration process, contact either email@example.com (AGA’s dedicated support e-mail account) or firstname.lastname@example.org (AFERM’s dedicated support e-mail account).
What if the AFERM Summit participant is not an AGA member or does not have a login account with AGA?
Create an account
for the participant (just like you would for yourself). Thereafter, you are able to search for the participant’s name and register him/her online.
I don’t get it. Why don't I see the member price on the AGA website?
You will need a to login to the AFERM website, using your AFERM member information to see the members-only link. Please visit the Summit page
and click on the button next to the member pricing.
Please make sure your registration is priced correctly before completing checkout. After you have submitted and received registration confirmation, refunds will NOT be granted if the non-member registration link was used.
How will I know that AFERM has received my registration completed on the AGA website?
If you are the credit card holder and you followed the instructions to register “someone else,” you will receive a receipt of the purchase and a copy of the participant’s registration confirmation via email once the registration is completed. The participant will only receive the registration confirmation.
If you registered yourself, you will receive a receipt of the purchase and a registration confirmation via email once the registration is completed.
If you did not receive these two emails, your registration process was not completed. Please contact either email@example.com (AGA’s dedicated support e-mail account) or firstname.lastname@example.org (AFERM’s dedicated support e-mail account).
For completed registrations, AFERM will receive registration reports from AGA to audit, so no details are overlooked.
Will AFERM (or AGA) confirm my registration status prior to the AFERM Summit?
Two (2) weeks prior to the AFERM Summit (i.e., approximately Aug. 28), all registered participants will receive two emails. The first will be emailed from AGA National Office containing detailed training logistics. The second email will come from Kia Lor with email address email@example.com containing your unique access link to attend the Summit.
If you do not see these two confirmation emails in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folders. Otherwise, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to resend your emails to you.
How can I get a receipt for my registration?
If you registered yourself, you should have received an email confirmation, as well as the receipt. If someone else registered you, you should have only received the email confirmation of your registration. The email confirmation will also show the registration rate which can be used as a receipt.
Please check your junk/spam folder if you do not see the email in your inbox. The email should be coming from email@example.com.
What if my organization is submitting a purchase order or paying via check for my registration?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to process your registration via PO or check.
If I am unable to attend the Summit, can I send someone in my place?
All substitutions of your registration must be requested in writing
by September 3, 2020 at noon ET
. After this day, all requests will be charged an additional $50 processing fee. Membership status is not transferrable.
Additional fees may be required based on the replacement’s membership status.
Can I get a refund if I need to cancel my registration?
Refunds, less a $50 processing fee per registrant, will be granted for requests received in writing to email@example.com
by August 30, 2020.
Refunds will not be granted after this date. No-shows are responsible for full payment.
Refunds will NOT be processed for using the wrong registration link.
As long as the Summit takes place as planned, AFERM is not responsible for registrants being unable to attend the Summit for any reason, including a government shutdown, and, is therefore unable to issue refunds.
Any questions regarding refunds can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I already checked out, but I used the non-member registration link. What should I do?
Unfortunately, we cannot process refunds and/or adjustments for using the non-member registration link. Please see registration instructions here
How can I get a copy of speaker slide presentations?
All registered participants will receive a confirmation email two (2) weeks prior to the start of the AFERM Summit containing training details. Please note, presentation slides and notes will be available only from speakers who grant permission.
Where do I go to attend virtually?
- AFERM will use the GoToWebinar platform to conduct the Summit. You must be able to download the GoToWebinar platform in order to see the slides on the device you will be using. Click here to download and test your device.
- If you are using your organization’s device, you may not be able to download any programs other than what is permissible by your administrator. Please forward the GoToWebinar access link email to your personal email so you may access the Summit from your personal device instead.
- Two weeks prior to the start of the training, you will receive an email from Kia Lor with email address, email@example.com. This email contains your unique access link to attend the Summit.
Important: Please do not forward your access link to anyone as it is linked to the AGA account that was used to register you for the Summit and is good for only one user.
If we missed an FAQ, we’re here to help. Email us with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.