Program level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Each learning session builds on a basic program appropriate for CPAs with detailed knowledge in the subject area. Participants should be at a mid-level within an organization and have operational and/or supervisory responsibilities.
Advance preparation: None required
Delivery method: Group live and group Internet-based
Learning objectives: At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Integrate ERM into the Larger Agenda — How to align ERM with the broader enterprise objectives beyond traditional compliance and operational areas.
- Deliver Value to Decision Makers — Understanding leadership priorities and engaging ERM to deliver true value.
- Utilize ERM as a Facilitator — ERM practitioners play a valuable role in connecting playmakers from across the enterprise. They facilitate the right discussions, supported with the right information, that brings tangible value.
CPE Fields of Study
To help you decide which to attend, each session’s Field of Study (FOS) is indicated within the agenda:
AUD — Auditing
MGMT — Management Services (Technical)
STAT — Statistics (Technical)
Check your certification programs for recognition of CPEs earned during AFERM’s event.
AGA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of CPE on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. National Registry of CPE Sponsor ID: 104201
- How do I track my Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit for each session that I attended?
In-person attendees, your name badge is imprinted with a unique barcode. Name badges will be scanned at random times for each session as you enter or exit. AGA will use the process to tally your attendance and create your CPE certificate once the summit has concluded. CPE certificates will be available online to print within two weeks after the training. Only registrants who are paid in full will be eligible for CPE hours.
Virtual attendees, You will be required to answer on a series of polls that will appear at random times, a red notification indicator will also appear next to the “Poll” icon to indicate that the poll has been launched. If you fail to complete these alertness checks, you will be ineligible to claim CPE credits for that session.Announcing the pop-up alertness checks to fellow attendees in the chat box during a session is against NASBA policy and you may be ineligible to earn the CPE credit.
NOTE: You must be able to view the virtual platform’s screen to confirm your participation with the CPE Alertness Checks.
- When will I receive my CPE certificate for my attendance?
Participants who successfully complete the process in question one will receive an email notification within two weeks post-training from AGA stating their CPE certificate is ready to be downloaded.
- Who do I contact if I see a discrepancy on my CPE certificate after I’ve downloaded it?
Please contact email@example.com.
- How do I know that I receive credit for my sessions during the Summit?
Once the Summit is over, we will download the data to audit. Unfortunately, there is not a way for us to review any participant’s record during the Summit as the system is still capturing and monitoring attendance.
- What if I missed the alertness checks for the virtual sessions or the badge scanning for the in-person sessions? Will I still receive CPEs for the sessions?
We do give leniency as to how many alertness checks a participant can miss during each hybrid session. However, if a participant missed more than the allowable number of missed alertness checks, we cannot grant CPE for that particular session.For in-person attendees, volunteers with scanners will be stationed by the doors, make sure you see them as you enter or exit the room to get your badge scanned in order to receive CPE.
Questions? Contact 800.AGA.7211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.