Click on a question to see the answer.
Here are a few benefits of being a virtual attendee for the 2019 AFERM Summit:
- No travel required. If your schedule or budget does not allow for a trip to Washington, DC, the virtual attendee option provides a valuable online educational experience.
- Participate despite busy schedule or budget restraints. You will be able to livestream the 6 plenary sessions (3 each day of the Summit) and 2 breakout sessions (1 each day of the Summit) in the comfort and convenience of your home or office.
- Be a true participant. Virtual attendees will be able to post questions in each session and participate in polling and discussions in real-time via chat rooms.
- Earn CPEs. All plenary sessions and breakout sessions are available via livestream for CPE credit.
- View on-demand recordings. Both in-person and virtual attendees have access to on-demand recordings of the sessions for up to 1 year after the Summit at no additional cost. There is no need to re-arrange your schedule to view a particular session … access the recording at your leisure!
While the cost is slightly higher, here are a few additional benefits of in-person attendance at the 2019 AFERM Summit:
- Networking. There will be significant opportunities for attendees to meet, mingle and exchange ERM experiences. This is often cited as the most beneficial experience from Summit attendees.
- Additional breakout sessions. Each day of the Summit, there will be a total of 6 sessions you can attend — totaling 12 for the conference. In-person attendees will have the choice to attend sessions based on their interest and relevance.
- Digital demo venue. Experience and interact with technology vendors offering ERM, internal control, risk and compliance solutions.
Deciding between in-person and virtual attendance will be a tough choice. If you are having a hard time deciding, we encourage in-person participation. The interactive networking is priceless!
- Start here on AFERM’s website and click on the “Register Now” button under the “Registration Instructions” section to be redirected to AGA’s registration site.
- Sign into your “My AGA Sign In.” If you don’t have an existing account with AGA, you will need to create one, click here to create an AGA account for yourself. Shortly after creating an account, you will receive an AGA username and password. Use these credentials to login to “My AGA Sign In.”
- Once signed in, click on “Register Someone Else” on the bottom of the page to search for the participant using their first and last name. If you experience any issues during the registration process, contact either email@example.com (AGA’s dedicated support e-mail account) or firstname.lastname@example.org (AFERM’s dedicated support e-mail account).
Please make sure you add the applicable Promotion Code before checking out to confirm your registration is priced correctly. After you have submitted and received registration confirmation, refunds will NOT be granted if Promotion Codes were not entered.
If you registered yourself, you will receive a receipt of the purchase and a registration confirmation via email once the registration is completed.
If you did not receive these two emails, your registration process was not completed. Please contact either email@example.com (AGA’s dedicated support e-mail account) or firstname.lastname@example.org (AFERM’s dedicated support e-mail account).
For completed registrations, AFERM will receive registration reports from AGA to audit, so no details are overlooked.
Please check your junk/spam folder if you do not see the email in your inbox. The email should be coming from email@example.com.
- In-person — If you are unable to attend the training and have already registered, you may designate another person to take your place. A registration form must be downloaded and completed for the new attendee and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the name of the individual that is being replaced in the payment section. Membership status is not transferable. Additional fees may be required based on the replacement’s membership status.
For all changes from in-person to virtual attendance, please follow “In-person to virtual attendance” policy below.
- In-person to virtual attendance — If you are unable to attend the training in-person, you may switch your in-person participation to virtual participation at no cost until three business days prior to the Summit. After this day, all requests will be charged an additional $50 processing fee. Requests must be emailed to email@example.com. Phone calls are not accepted.
- Virtual (from home/office) — All substitutions of your registration must be requested in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 22, 2019 at noon ET. After this day, all requests will be charged an additional $50 processing fee. Membership status is not transferrable. Additional fees may be required based on the replacement’s membership status.
Refunds will NOT be processed for Promotion Codes not entered before checking out.
As long as the Summit takes place as planned, AFERM is not responsible for registrants being unable to attend the Summit for any reason, including a government shutdown, and, is therefore unable to issue refunds.
Any questions regarding refunds can be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Due to the large number of attendees, substitutes to the vegetarian/vegan/kosher meal or the standard conference event meal may not be possible. Please make alternative meal arrangements if you have several food allergies or very specific dietary restrictions, as our food and beverage options may not meet your needs.
If we missed an FAQ, we're here to help. Email us with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.