WASHINGTON, DC, December 8, 2016 — The Association for Federal Enterprise Risk Management (AFERM) announced its newly elected Board of Directors for Fiscal 2017. The announcement was made at the conclusion of AFERM’s highly successful 9th annual Federal Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Summit which assembled over 460 Federal ERM professionals from across the public and private sector – the largest gathering of its kind in the U.S.
The 2017 AFERM Board of Directors includes:
- President: Sallyanne Harper, AOC Solutions, Inc.
- President-Elect: Peggy Sherry, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Past-President: Todd Grams, Deloitte, LLP
- Secretary: Harold Barnshaw, Office of the Comptroller of the Treasury
- Treasurer: Timothy Hanlon, IBM Global Business Services
- Treasurer Elect: Montrice Yakimov, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- VP-at-Large: Ken Phelan, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- VP-at-Large: Cynthia Vitters, U.S. Department of Education
- VP-at-Large: Ed Hau, ASR Analytics, LLC
AFERM is the only organization that exclusively promotes and supports ERM in the federal sector. “2016 has been a landmark year for ERM in the federal government following the release of OMB’s guidance to federal agencies (Circular A-123) requiring agencies to implement an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) capability” said new AFERM President Sallyanne Harper. “We are excited to continue AFERM’s important work in providing federal risk managers the thought leadership, ERM resources, training and forums to share information and exchange ideas.”
The AFERM Board of Directors will continue the professional organization’s mission to advance the practice of ERM in the federal government through thought leadership, education, and collaboration.