Dan Williams is Partner in the Washington, D.C., office of McKinsey & Company. He is a leader in McKinsey’s Risk Practice, leads the Regulatory Service Line, and has both in depth experience in supporting institutions in their regulatory responses and experience examining and advising institutions on building effective risk management and oversight operating models across lines of defense.
Select recent experience
- Leading the regulatory responses for 5+ large North American and European banking organizations to the US federal regulators (OCC, Fed, FDIC, CFPB)
- Convening North American regulators on setting the strategy for the Future of Financial Institution Supervision and fostering innovation economy-wide
- Designing the target operating model for operational risk at one of the largest public sector finance entities, and launch of the transformation program, inclusive of technology and third party risk management
- Executing a process gap assessment and laying the foundations for a target operating model (TOM) redesign for the US operations of a European bank for the Compliance and Financial Crimes function
- Redesigning and implementing the TOM for two lines of business within the wholesale banking organization of a North American universal bank, with focus on operational risk and compliance
- Redesigning the operational risk capital estimation framework at the US subsidiary of a global universal bank and estimating losses from non-compliance with regulatory obligations