- September 26, 2019
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Recently-enacted legislation, Executive Orders, as well as the new Federal Data Strategy have created several new mandates for agencies around data governance, management, utilization, and protection. The Foundations for Evidence Based Policymaking Act, including the OPEN Government Data Act; the SECURE Technology Act, the recent Executive Order on Artificial Intelligence – all have created new opportunities for agencies to leverage their data efficiently and securely. But implementing major changes around data governance and stewardship also creates new risks.
This webinar will introduce you to new data-related mandates for agencies, as well as some of the implementation risks agencies could face. Learn how Enterprise Risk Management can help you use your agency’s data more effectively to identify and mitigate risks, as well as drive mission improvements. During this webinar you will also explore the roles of new positions created by the Evidence Act, such as Chief Data Officer, and how to think about collaborative approaches to risk mitigation.
Successful application of ERM in agencies will require new skills and competencies. This highly-interactive webinar will help you think about approaches to successfully transition your workforce, comply with legal requirements, implement the Federal Data Strategy, and drive ERM through your agency using data and evidence to inform decision making.
- Dr. Nancy Potok, Senior Fellow, Center for Excellence in Public Leadership, The George Washington University
- Dr. Natalie Houghtby-Haddon, Associate Director, Center for Excellence in Public Leadership, The George Washington University
- Introductions from Ed Hau, VP at Large, Association for Federal Enterprise Risk Management
- Review the role ERM plays in critical initiatives including data strategy, IT transformation and modernization.
- Delineate approaches being taken to use data to inform decision making.
- Detail ERM’s role in curtailing implementation risks that government faces.
- Define the legislative and administrative mandates impacting government agencies.
Participants can earn 1 CPE credit in Business Management & Organization.*
* To receive CPE credit you must arrive on time and participate in the surveys throughout the webinar. Certificates will be e-mailed to registrants. In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 50 minutes equals 1 CPE. By providing your contact information to us, you agree: (i) to receive promotional and/or news alerts via email from FedInsider and our third party partners, (ii) that we may share your information with our third party partners who provide products and services that may be of interest to you and (iii) that you are not located within the European Economic Area.