Goals & Objectives
GOAL #1 — Promote ERM Education
Promote and encourage continuing education on ERM and its application in the federal government directly and through alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Objective #1: Create experiences that provide opportunities for networking and professional development to advance members’ careers and influence.
- Objective #2: Expand training opportunities and participation in educational events with an array of programs, panels, and trainings.
GOAL #2 — Sponsor Professional Development
Provide professional development opportunities by sponsoring and co-sponsoring activities and events for AFERM members.
- Objective #1: Create an experience that will provide AFERM networking opportunities and communication designed to advance member professional development.
- Objective #2: Establish and maintain Communities of Interest (COI) to reflect emerging issues in ERM.
- Objective #3: Establish and maintain strategic relationships that promote federal ERM professional development.
GOAL #3 — Advance the Federal Government ERM Profession
Establish a network of government ERM professionals and other experts that facilitates informal mentoring and exchange of ideas regarding federal ERM implementation and maturation.
- Objective #1: Support innovation, research and thought leadership that influences and shapes the application of ERM practices in the federal government.
- Objective #2: Engage with government leaders and professional organizations to build partnerships and trust.
- Objective #3: Utilize forms of social media to highlight significant achievements and the efforts to ensure full and fair accountability for the management of risk.
GOAL #4 — Influence Federal Government ERM Practices
Support innovation, research and thought leadership that influences and shapes the application of ERM practices in federal government.
- Objective #1: Establish federal ERM standards solidifying AFERM’s point of view in collaboration with federal stakeholders.
- Objective #2: Collaborate on the benefits, tools, and leading practices of government ERM.
- Objective #3: Expand AFERM’s involvement with and identification of other organizations and schools to partner with.
- Objective #4: Influence governmental risk management policies and practices, serving as an advocate for the profession.
GOAL #5 — Foster a Sustainable and Adaptable Organizational Structure
Develop and maintain a resilient and scalable organizational infrastructure to execute AFERM’s mission and vision.
- Objective #1: Sustain organizational flexibility to pursue innovative ideas.
- Objective #2: Continue to incorporate technology and collaboration tools in new and existing AFERM programs and operations.
- Objective #3: Establish a sustainable business and operating model, utilizing a mix of volunteers and paid support to execute the mission.
- Objective #4: Maintain a diversified and sustainable revenue base.