We Are Seeking Dynamic and Innovative Speakers to Share their Experiences at our Upcoming 2021 AFERM Summit
The 2021 AFERM Summit will be held this year on October 26th & 27th and we are excited for you to contribute your vast experience and knowledge to the theme of this year’s Summit, ERM in a Changing World. As ERM leaders, we are positioned to lead and shape the way our organizations respond to systemic changes. Topics to be explored at this year’s Summit include:
- Sustaining ERM and Building Momentum– How can we communicate the need for ERM to new leadership and gain their buy-in? How do we articulate ERM successes and demonstrate the value of ERM? How do we position ERM programs for the future? How do we continue to mature ERM capabilities and sustain organization-wide engagement?
- ERM Praxis and the ERM Profession – Current ERM practitioners play many roles, such as risk management, internal controls, communication, monitoring, analysis, and more. What is it that distinguishes us? What is it that we do well, that others do not? What skills do we need now and will need in the future? A wide range of topics are relevant for this track, such as leveraging enhanced data analytics, leadership and fostering collaboration across our organizations, building governance that helps translate ERM to practice within our organization, and fostering a risk-aware culture.
- ERM as a Tool to Managing Current and Future Challenges– COVID-19 continues to be a challenge for all. Climate change is an existential threat for our civilization. What role does ERM have to play in meeting these challenges? This track will focus on moving beyond the current environment to rethinking ERM practices and leading in the new normal. By focusing on topics like future economic, technological, and political environments, attendees will learn approaches and techniques for adapting ERM to this changing world.
Our goal is to highlight inspiring and engaging insights, experiences, and stories from government leaders such as you and innovators who are at the forefront of advancing government ERM. We are excited as we embark on this, our 14th Annual Summit and we are seeking thought-provoking speakers both within the government sector as well as outside the government to present in our Summit’s breakout panels. We aim to have diverse, innovative, and experienced speakers at this year’s Summit and we look forward to hearing from you!
As you may be aware, speaking at an AFERM Summit is an extraordinary and exhilarating experience. If you have attended one of our Summits in the past, you know that the AFERM audience expects presenters who are engaged and present with a great deal of energy and dynamic exchange with the attendees. Telling stories is of the utmost importance and if you know you have “a great risk management story to share”, please check out the details for submissions as we are seeking new and engaging speakers. We appreciate your serious consideration to submit an application by the June 25th deadline.
The Call for Speakers opens on May 21,2021 and closes at midnight on June 25, 2021. All speakers will be notified of their selection status by July 23, 2021.
For our Break-out Panel Sessions, we’re looking for speakers that:
- Are story tellers especially from an ERM perspective with a passion for sharing their knowledge and experience with others
- Can help provide solutions to common challenges that we all face with workable and tailored solutions
- Provide clear, successful use cases, best practices, teachings and how-to’s, including takeaways (templates, presentations, white papers, etc.) for attendees
- Can facilitate an interactive conversation around a professional development topic
- Have experience working with or in government and can provide tools and techniques that you feel can realistically be applied within the government sector
Helpful Tips for Crafting Your Speaker Submission
- Detail your key talking points with a focus on what you would like the audience to learn and takeaway
- Think through why would an attendee find your topic valuable
- Identify the issues and challenges your session will address