Oliver Bevan is a Partner in McKinsey’s Chicago office. He co-leads McKinsey’s North American Enterprise Risk Management efforts, with a focus on corporate risk. Oliver has worked on ERM topics for leading firms across sectors, including financial services, high-growth tech, med devices, health insurance, and pharmaceuticals. He previously worked extensively on operational risk and compliance topics, with a particular focus on building robust identification and assessment.
Select relevant experience
- Led the effort to identify risks resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and mitigating approaches for a leading medical products company, focusing on tight integration with their emerging strategy
- Led the effort to support a leading pharmaceuticals firm develop a more robust approach to identification and management of emerging risks, with particular focus on data privacy and linkage to business strategy
- Developed a comprehensive risk assessment and approach to third-party risk management for a leading tech firm
- Designed an integrated risk framework at a large international insurance carrier, including roles and responsibilities across three lines of defense, risk identification, risk and control self-assessment and remediation tools and processes (including allocation of resources), metrics (e.g., KRIs) and reporting etc.
- Led the effort to build Chicago’s preliminary ERM framework, approach, and prioritization and briefed the incoming CRO on the work
- Redesigned the approach to complaints management, including comprehensive implementation plan across all lines of business, for a leading NA bank
- Conducted a major overhaul of Operational Risk at one of the largest North American banks, including redesigning the coverage strategy and definition of major risks
- Supported a major international bank in articulating its approach to data management, including responding to major regulatory findings on controls and reporting for data
- Lead author on multiple McKinsey on Risk publications covering Enterprise Risk Management topics